Christmas is the best time of year to get cosy and watch films until your heart is content. It’s something about the dark nights, cold weather and festive spirit that I feel I need to come in from work and watch ‘Elf’ for the whole month with a gingerbread latté. I thought I would breakdown my top 10 films that I love watching over the festive period…
1) Arthur Christmas – One of my favorites ever since I saw it in the cinema back in 2011! It makes me laugh, with a very funny and clever story. Its everything you want in a cartoon Christmas film!
2) Elf – This is everyone’s favourite isn’t it? It wouldn’t be Christmas without watching elf at least once.
3) Muppet’s Christmas Carol – One of my childhood favourites. I love the Muppets… This never fails to get me in the Christmas spirit each year. I love the comparison with a Muppets twist on the classic Dickens’ Christmas Carol with some brilliant songs!
4) The Santa Clause – This one cracks me up! A real Christmassy comedy! One I love to watch near the lead up to Christmas!
5) Love actually – Some people argue this isn’t a Christmas film, and its not a typical farther Christmas story but its set at Christmas time and its a film I absolutely LOVE! I watch this every year without fail! one of my all time favourites!
6) Home alone – A real classic… who doesn’t love this film at Christmas?! I love a funny festive film at this time of the year…
7) The Grinch – I am a massive fan of Dr Seuss and this is a perfect film at Christmas… takes me back to my inner child!
8) The snowman – This is probably the most classic as they come for me. I remember this film being around from the first Christmases that I can remember and I was always singing along to the song… ‘Im walking in the air…’ You cant say you aren’t singing along to that now too!
9) The polar express – Such a classic story! Love watching this with my brothers at Christmas. I do love the childish films…
10) The holiday – I am going to be honest I couldn’t really think of any more Christmas films that I LOVE and wanted to include in my top 10… but I do really like this film and I love Cameron Diaz so I thought I would add it in! And who doesn’t love a good ol’ Rom-Com to get you in the festive spirit!
For me Christmas is a time for being a big kid and these films definitely reflect that!
What are your favourite festive films, are there any I’m missing?