- Fairytale of newyork – The Pogues – this is my ultimate favourite. It’s one I have grown up listening to and it will never get old.
- All I want for Christmas is you – Mariah Carey – another absolute classic. It is not Christmas unless I have hear this song!
- Sleigh ride – The Ronettes – this one is so catchy and makes me want to get up and dance. It’s a very Christmassy festive song!
- Do they know it’s Christmas – band aid – again another song that just makes the festive period to be honest. We all know the words! I love both the original one and the newer band aid!
- Santa clause is coming to town – frank Sinatra – such a festive song! Nothing screams Christmas like this song.
- Christmas lights – cold play – there aren’t many ‘new’ Christmas songs out there that have been successful anyway… But this one is actually a really good song, not in your face festive but I do love it!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas – Michael bublé – I love all of Michael bublé’ Christmas covers but this one has to be my fav! His voice is beautiful.
- Last Christmas – wham – I remember singing this with my friends at school. It’s one of the catchiest Christmas songs I think! I can’t help but to sing along to it!
- Merry Christmas everybody – Slade – this is like a Christmas anthem and will get everyone going in the Christmas spirit! Even if it is a tad annoying…
- I wish it could be Christmas everyday – Wizzard – who doesn’t wish it could be Christmas everyday? Well actually that would be kind of boring but the song is brilliant and it’s not Christmas without this!
Have I missed any classics? Are there any you love/hate? And does anyone else struggle to get these out of their heads by January?