I do love the winter, however I am excited that it’s finally spring for a number of reasons. Firstly because it means I am getting closer to my trip in June… And secondly because I love the freshness of Spring, the blue skies and pastel colours in our wardrobes and makeup looks! I shared my top 5 Spring nail polishes on a guest post for the lovely Alice of anniewrites beauty blog which you can check out here! As I own so many lipsticks and they are my favourite makeup product, I thought I would share my go to lip shades for Spring…
- Kiko ‘613’ – this is a lilac sort of nude shade. It’s meant to be a matte formula but it doesn’t feel like that on the lips. It’s really creamy and moisturing. But I love how it looks on my lips and the colour is so easy to wear everyday. These lipsticks are sub a good price, not only is the product a high quality but the packaging is amazing too, they are like little secret gadgets!
- MAC ‘saint Germain’ – this is a matte formula also, my favourite lip finish. I fell in love with this shade last summer. It’s such a bright, Barbie pink. It brightens up any outfit and is just a fun alternative to my everyday nudes and pinks. It’s not one I wear all the time but I love whacking it out at this time of the year.
- Urban decay ‘stark naked’ – oh shock another matte lipstick. As I have mentioned before k am getting into nude lipsticks this year, I think they give a mature and classy look. I of course love my bright lips too, but I think having a good staple nude in your collection is important. I know this is a fail safe option for any occasion. It looks so pretty over a pink lipliner too! This is one of my favourite matte lipsticks as it is so creamy and easy to apply but it settles for the perfect matte finish, it doesn’t dry out my lips and is long lasting too.
- Chanel hydrating lip colour ‘424 Edith’ – I think this is my favourite lipstick that I own. It was a special 21st birthday treat on my way home from Paris to myself. It’s the perfect pink in my eyes. Such a classy subtle colour and I can’t think of one occasion where I wouldn’t be able to wear this… It also I the first one on my list that isn’t a matte finish (shock)! This is a hydrating sheer finish however it is still highly pigmented, I would hope so for the price! I love layering this over a Rosey pink lip liner for the perfect pink lip. This lipstick sinks so well into my lips and feel so luxurious to apply. I love whacking this out in public to show it off and feel confident that my lips are looking gorgeous.
- Elizabeth Arden ‘coral crush’ – another one I picked up last summer. I was immediately drawn to the colour of this. It’s so vibrant ones intrigued as to what this would look like on my lips. It did not disappoint. And the minute it turned Spring I went into my lipstick collection to get this back out. It’s such a lovely bright colour, I can see me in my denim pinafore and stripey top with this colour on my lips and feeling oh so summery. I just love a bright lipstick the can make an ordinary/plain outfit pop and for me this lipstick does just that. Similar to the MAC Saint Germain lipstick, I won’t get this one out all the time but it’s a good one for the weekends or on a nice sunny day!
What are your go to shades for Spring?